Thursday, December 18, 2008

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year . . . Sort Of.

So, on a positive note, I finished most of my Christmas shopping today. I spent an hour searching around Amazon for good books for my friends' kids because they all have WAY too many toys and clothes. I was even able to find a copy of one of my favorite books from childhood (which i still have) for Baby A and Laney Bug. (The name will remain a secret until they have opened their gifts because their parents read this!) I have also decided that I need the Miami Vice box set DVDs of all five seasons. I'm not quite sure what that says about me, but I'm willing to risk damaging my reputation to get a little Sonny Crocket in my life.

In not so great news, as I was leaving work today, I ran into one of my buddies who works downstairs from me at the American Diabetes Association. Today, the ADA laid off 10% of it's workforce. A week before Christmas. So please, please, please keep all of those affected in your thoughts and prayers - this is not going to be a good holiday season for many of our fellow Americans.

No comments: