Tuesday, October 24, 2006

A New Lease (On Life As I Know It)

Things in my life have changed a lot lately. And I must honestly admit that they have changed for the better.

On September 30th, with some help from my most reliable friends, I moved into a new townhouse in Arlington with my co-worker, Ship*. Ship is so far turning out to be a pretty good roommate. There are some things that we are going to have to get worked out before too long, but nothing major (e.g. – just because I’m the girl doesn’t mean I should have to be the one who always empties the dishwasher, and my dog can be a big, giant, attention-starved pain in the arse). But all-in-all, things are going pretty great.

One of the most important things about having a new roommate is compatibility, not just between the roommates, but between the roommates and their extended circles of friends. The good news is that Ship gets along extremely well with my best friend JoZaff and her boyfriend, Bergle, which makes it nice when I have them over for dinner. And we both spend a lot of time with mutual friends from work, which is great. (Although some of us spend more time with certain co-workers of the opposite sex than others!)

So, life is good at home. And that makes me happy, because it is a new concept for me, and I really think I could get used to it.
*Just so you know, all names are changed to protect the innocent and to keep the fools anonymous.

No comments: