Tuesday, April 10, 2007

I Don't Need a Nicotine Patch, Penny.

"I don't need a Nicotine patch, Penny. I smoke cigarettes."

I'm not sure why that line from Stranger than Fiction makes me laugh out loud, but I guess maybe it has more to do with my offbeat sense of humor than anything else. After all, I am one of those people who is endlessly amused by quirky movies such as The Royal Tenenbaums, I Heart Huckabees, and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Maybe "amused" isn't the right word. I'm not even quite sure what it is about those movies that draws me in, but there is something. Something different. Something special. If you haven't seen them already, you definitely should.

1 comment:

Eclorian said...

I came across this looking up that quote. "Stranger Than Fiction" must be my favorite movie.