Thursday, April 12, 2007

The Soundtrack of My Life

I grew up playing violin and piano as a child, and I was a proud member of the marching band in high school (although I was in the colorguard). But it seems like no matter what was going on in my life, music has always been there.

Have you ever really watched a movie that was good, but was made great by the soundtrack? For example, Garden State was a really good movie, but the soundtrack made watching the movie an experience. The same is true of Elizabethtown, where the music almost becomes another character in the movie. And if you're into more of the classic movies, look at Apocalypse Now.

I believe that we all have a soundtrack that plays along with the movie of our lives. Think about it. Through every period of your life, there is probably at least one song that reminds you of that time.

I've decided to share some of my songs with you, my reader, to give you some insight into who Helen Skor really is. However, because there is a story that goes along with every song, I'm not going to bore you with a ridiculously long post. Instead, I am going to do a series on my soundtrack. Starting today. Stay tuned.

No comments: