Friday, March 09, 2007

Creative Juices

So, last fall my friend PL (who is also a co-worker) invited me to participate in the National Film Competition with her, her boyfriend, Capt. Logisitica, and a bunch of other folks. Most of the people in this group had experience with screenwriting and film-making prior to this event, but not me! But I went and helped bat around some ideas for the film, and then helped the next day with the actual shooting of the movie. And man, was that fun!

Anyway, long story short, the movie turned out to be pretty good. I would say excellent, but I think we all realize that we could have done so much more with it had we had more than 72 hours to write, shoot, edit, score, etc. the entire movie.

But now we are looking to do other projects, and I cannot wait. It's been so long since my creative juices have flowed. I guess it's about time that I started using my english degree for something!! My mother would be so proud.

No comments: