Friday, March 16, 2007

Do What You Want to Me, but Leave My Dog Alone!

I was listening to the radio on the way to work this morning, and the DJ was talking about a story out of St. Paul, MN (I think) that absolutely made me sick. A 17-yr. old girl had a dog who went missing a few weeks ago, and she searched everywhere for the him, but was never able to find him, despite her exhaustive efforts. One day she came home and found a gift-wrapped box on her front stoop. In the box was the head of her dog.

There is a special place in hell for the person who did this.

Now, I will freely admit that I am a dog lover. I, like most people with souls, can watch a movie with people being brutally murdered left and right and be just fine with it, but as soon as the killer turns his attention to a dog, I get really, really upset.

I firmly believe that there is a direct correlation between how someone treats animals and how they treat humans. The guy (I am assuming it's a guy) who did this needs to be locked away for the rest of his life. He is a monster.

I just hope that the girl who had the dog will be able to recover from this. I can only imagine how she must feel. I do know that if someone ever hurt Smelly, my revenge would be utterly savage. I consider myself a calm, rational, and loving person, but all that is good in me would be destroyed if I ever lost my four-legged child in a manner such as this.

No comments: