Friday, March 23, 2007

How to Make Kick-Ass-Paragus

I've decided that I'm going to share some of my favorite recipes from time to time, starting now. I would love to be able to do nothing but cook for a living. The grocery shopping and dish washing, however, is another story!

I've been told that I'm pretty good in the kitchen, so when I make something that goes over particularly well, I will post the recipe here.

Kick-Ass-Paragus:
  • On a baking sheet, spread out 1 lb. of asparagus with the base ends cut off about 1 1/2 inches from the bottom.
  • Drizzle generously with extra virgin olive oil.
  • Sprinkle with garlic salt, onion flakes, and a small amount of Montreal Steak seasoning.
  • If you have them, add some pine nuts. Baby Portabello mushrooms also make a nice addition.
  • Bake in the oven uncovered at 350 degrees until they reach the preferred level of doneness.
Some people like theirs still crispy, while others prefer it to be the same consistency as the stuff you get in the cans (yuck!). It's really just a matter of taste. You can also use this same recipe on the grill by wrapping the ingredients in aluminum foil and cooking over medium heat. Asparagus is great, because it can be served hot or cold, and is always delicious. This recipe is quick, easy, and healthy. And, as most people know, it makes your pee smell funny!

No comments: